Pages

New Beginings

ONCE upon a time a boy met a girl, and he introduced her to another girl he knew. And then everyone for a while went their separate ways. And then one day the two girls met again. And fell in love forever.

Actually, it wasn't quite that simple. Bronwen and I have been friends for nearly twenty years, but it took us most of that time to really fall in love. We're both kind of picky, you see. And prickly. When we finally realised that, it was love.

For five years now Bronwen has been my rock and my roll and my exasperation and my inspiration. I'm exasperated that everyone in the world doesn't think she is the best artist ever and buy all of her amazing work and pay her lots of money so that she can stay in South Africa and not leave me here all by myself. I'm also incredibly excited for her and the equally wildly talented Darren, because their new adventure is going to be amazing, and because I know they both will continue to inspire me daily.

Hey Cherry has been very quiet for a while now. I'm sorry about that. It's been a rollercoaster of a year, and I've been very sad the last few months. I'm still going to be very sad for a while. But today I sat down and reread all of the wonderful posts Bron has been doing on the ONCE blog, and I can't help but feel that the future is still a sparkly place. So you can expect to see me here a little more often from now on.

We can dream together.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my lovely friend, that is the sweetest post ever! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean Sam, she's very special indeed and not a day goes by that I don't miss her to. Sending love and hugs xox

    ReplyDelete