Pages

Things We Love: Vintage Children's Books

Since this week is all about love, I am going to do a series of posts about things I like to collect, and the loves in my life who share those collecting joys.

Darren (my wonderful husband) and I have always collected vintage children's books.

His favorites are the books of Marcel Marlier. I think the versions we had in South Africa were the Johnny and Sophie ones, however in England she was Mary and in France, Martine.
As a kid I always loved the end-papers of these books.




Our shared collection consists of  vintage lady-bird books. Below is a snap of a lovely feathered friend guarding ours.




MY big collection consists of the Dent/Dutton children's classics. They are a beautiful lot with printed cloth covers from around the 1950's

No comments:

Post a Comment