Pages

Vintage Playtime - Smurfalicious

I'm thrilled that the new Smurfs movie means that there are Smurfs everywhere and that my kids are totally into them so that I can get away with buying all the merchandise. Of course, it's wildly expensive - movie tie-ins have their pluses and their minuses. I had a modest but fun collection of Smurfs when I was a kid, though I have no idea what happened to them. I thought I'd take a look at what it would cost to rebuild a decent collection, and blow me down if Smurfs aren't highly collectible in the vintage toy world. Not all of them, mind you, but there are some rarities and the usual popular models. Check out this interesting price list. Rugby Smurf is a pretty high flyer. Clearly he is not a Bryce Lawrence lookalike.

No comments:

Post a Comment